Thursday, May 19, 2011

Taking the plunge...

We got a complaint letter this week.  It seems our lawn-turned-dandelion patch is too much for some neighbors to bear.  An "anonymous tip" was left, stating that our lawn was "unkempt".  That very night, there was a story on the news about the death of Harmon Killebrew, of Minnesota Twins fame and by all accounts a wonderful man.  His father would play in the yard with Harmon and his brother when they were young, much to his mother's chagrin.  "You're tearing up the grass!" she would say, to which his father answered, "We're not raising grass.  We're raising boys."  Enough said. 

I'm not even sure what to expect from this blog.  I put off starting one for so long because I couldn't decide what the focus should be.  We are an unschooling family.  We deal with special diets and food allergies.  One of my children has a genetic disorder which is thankfully controllable today, but can strike fear into my heart on a moment's notice.  We dream of downsizing our life and traveling more.  My boys would like to drive all the way to Patagonia someday to watch the orcas hunt sea lions on the beach.

I think I'll just dive in and see what happens.  I've learned that I can't predict what any given day will be like and I kind of like it that way.  Fasten your seatbelts, though.  This could be a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment